Powered By Blogger

Πέμπτη 7 Απριλίου 2011

THE MYSTIC POET JELALUDDIN RUMI

Jelaluddin Rumi born in Wakhsh (Tajikistan), Persia is the 13th century mystic poet, one of the great spiritual masters and poetical geniuses of mankind and also the one of the most passionate and profound poets in history.He was the founder of the Mawlawi Sufi order, a leading brotherhood of Islam. I bring out below two of my favourite poems and also some quotes of Jelaluddin Rumi.

ONLY BREATH
Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or etheral, not composed of elements at all. I do not exist, I am not an entity in this world or the next, did not decend from Adam or Eve, or any origin story. My place is placeless, a trace of the traceless. Neither body or soul. I belong to the beloved, have seen the two words as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner,only that breath, breathing human being!

THE INTELLECTUAL
The intellectual is always showing off, the lover is always getting lost. The intellectual runs away, afraid of drowning, the whole business of love is to drown in the sea. Intellectuals plan their repose, lovers are ashamed to rest. The lover is always alone, even surrounded with people, like water and oil, he remains apart. The man who goes to the trouble of giving advice to a lover gets nothing. He's mocked by passion. Love is like musk, it attracts attention. Love is a tree and lovers are its shade!

QUOTES
1.We love: that's why life is full of so many wonderful gifts !
2.Fasting is the first principle of medicine !
3.Don't allow your animal nature to rule your reason !
4.Don't grieve. Anything you lost comes around in another form !
5.If I love myself I love you. If I love you I love myself !

Woman's Voice

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: